Monday 4 March 2013

Spaceship Concept Art




Here is the concept art for the spaceship. I used different parts of the fish skeleton in the mood board to try and create interesting shapes. I liked the idea that the actual spaceship was designed around this massive skeleton with the skeleton acting as frame for the engine. The central part of the spaceship would be situated in the front near the jaw. I tried to keep this in mind while I drew the concepts.
The bones make it look sleek and white, however the texture and surface are extremely different to metal.
The central part of the spaceship looks like a face and I liked that it contrasts with the harsh white frame of the spaceship making it look slightly quirky. I tried to keep this part similar with the other designs.
I took cues from the Heart of Gold. I liked the cool blue and white as it. I made the central part of the ship grey to draw the eye and break up all of the white in the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment