Monday 4 March 2013

Concept Art for the Interior

To convey the aliens personality, I wanted the interior to feel homely and cozy. I began by looking at old fashioned furniture and decor and tried to twist the designs to make them seem slightly sci fi.
Since the robot was a bounty hunter, I liked the idea that he has several of his most prized heads on his wall. I thought that it would be time consuming to model several complex alien heads, so i tried to be creative with the designs. For example, I liked the idea that instead of a head, there was a just a tentacle on the wall.





I designed several rifles for the alien as well. I wanted the rifle to look like an old fashioned one but one that could still seem alien. To get some ideas of some interesting weapons, I looked at games like borderlands and ratchet and clank which showcase really over the top weapons.

2 comments:

  1. just a little tip if you want to use it, it's very difficult to see scanned images sometimes ain't it :/ y'know if you take these images into illustrator and select them, then live trace it draws around them again and gives you the option in settings to say how light or dark the trace is. It's really fast too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome
      didn't know that. I was gonna take them into photoshop and apply a mask to them but I didn't have time back then :p

      Delete