Monday 4 March 2013

Alien Concept Art

I didn't want my alien to look like an alien. My designs started to stray toward a robot one instead. This is partly due to the quirky robots in Ratchet and Clank. I wanted my robot to looked soft and approachable and to contrast with his menacing spaceship. I liked the idea that his head collecting was more of a harmless, innocent hobby rather than a dark one. So to show this, I focused on designing an innocent face. I made his eyes quite round and removed a lot of the features on his head to reduce the harshness that they tend to give. He looked a lot less robotic and had quite a baby face in the final designs.
In the first concepts, I thought it would be funny if I incorporated a biker bandana to show his hard exterior. His hard exterior is virtually gone in the final designs but the bandana is still there.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment