Thursday 6 December 2012

Young Bird Texture

Making the texture for the younger bird was quite easy now that I have established an art style. The Elder Bird and the early stages of the environment were more of an experimentation to see what would work, and now that I have a good idea I can work through the texturing at a steady pace.

I start by blocking in the colour's Sarah selected for her and then pick lighter and darker variations to make it look more interesting. I then edit the line work from the UV map and erase lines that I don't want to keep and add ones where they should be.

As I was going to keep the model's blocky I would have to keep the texture's relatively simple as well. A detailed texture on a blocky model only seemed to emphasize the blockiness(?) of the model. It didn't really look that good because of it. A simple texture kept this to a minimal and the lines made the blockiness look intentional and quite good.
I also did a quick painting to get a better idea of what the girl would look like:



Here is the finished UV map and model with the texture applied:


No comments:

Post a Comment