Thursday 6 December 2012

Clutter

The most surprising thing I found with the environment is that it is quite hard to fill it with stuff.
I asked people about what kind of items I should make and they nearly all said the same thing: pots, statues, broken bits of the temple, boulders and lots of plant-life.

To get a better sense of this I looked at the master of clutter and the bane of my inventory, Skyrim.
Skyrim's dungeons are filled with all sorts of random and useless things. However it manages to fill up the majority of Skyrim's dungeons and give them character and the feeling that they've been lived in for a long time. I plan to make several variations of pots and statues to give the environment character and more depth.



Here are my statues and pots. I tried to suggest something like a story by placing the statues in varied places. For example, I placed one in an alcove that had been badly damaged with dirt almost completely covering the statue. The player might think that the building is old and the walls have caved in or a disaster occurred not too long ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment