Thursday 6 December 2012

Textures are hard


Originally I was going to texture the Elder Bird the same way I painted the concept art earlier. As I painted and tested the texture I found that I couldn't emulate the style again. The textures looked very muddy and it just looked wrong.
This might have been due to the way we planned to use the model, time constraints and my own technical abilities. We preferred the model to be blocky rather than smoothed as we liked the sharp and angular style. I didn't have the time to experiment and get the texture right as I had to make the texture for the young bird and the environment however I still wanted to have a distinct aesthetic.

I kept the colour's basic and minimalistic. I also treated the pattern on his back in the same manner, taking it into illustrator to make sure the lines were sharp and distinct. Annabeth also suggested to try make the texture's look like water colour. I liked the concept and applied a watercolour sheet of paper and set it to multiply and then applied it to his cape.







No comments:

Post a Comment