Thursday 6 December 2012

Young Bird Model and Process

Before I began modelling I looked at the character and decided that the body would be the best area to start. I blocked out the basic shape and then worked on the topology which was relatively easy.
I then extruded edges from the neck and started to work on the head. I had to redo the head several times as the girl is supposed to be this cute bird-like person, however whenever I added the beak she would look like a really creepy scarecrow. I thought it was amusing that when I added the eyebrows she looked like a cute girl again. She just needed some aspect to make her somewhat human again.
What I learnt the most from modelling these two character's is to just continue modelling regardless of what they look like currently.
I modeled the hair piece separately from the main body due to the rigging process.



No comments:

Post a Comment